There are lots of great things happening in March—from Women’s History Month to St. Patrick’s Day. To celebrate, we’re showing you some of our favorite places around the world for women to travel on their own, including great cities and relaxation destinations as well as how to have an amazing weekend in Dublin, Ireland. And with spring still a few weeks away, we’re still dreaming of warm-weather trips. If you’re looking for inspiration, our F1S insider Marisa tells us why Aruba is a great place for young families.
Erika Reategui and Fernando Gonzalez
Every August the international luxury travel industry gathers in Las Vegas for its glitzy version of the Oscars during Virtuoso Travel Week. This year we all stood a little prouder as our CEO Fernando Gonzalez was named the Virtuoso 2017 Most Innovative Travel Advisor in front of 2,800 industry peers.
F1S president Erika Reategui commented, “Fernando’s vision has always been to do things differently in the travel business — from introducing our WONDERWALL marketing program to hiring from outside of the industry for fresh perspectives. It’s so rewarding to see his colleagues recognize this commitment.”
Other notable awards were given to some of the most outstanding hotels and hospitality professionals in the world. The 2017 Best of the Best winners included:
• Hotel of the Year: Palazzo Seneca, Norcia, Italy
• Best Family Program: The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, FL
• Best Dining Program: La Terrazza, Hotel Eden Rome, Rome, Italy
• Best Achievement in Design: Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
• Best Bar: Bar Hemingway, Ritz Paris, Paris, France
• Best Wellness Program: Canyon Ranch, Tucson, AZ
• Best Virtuoso Experience: Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
• Hotelier of the Year: Susanne Hatje, Mandarin Oriental, New York, NY
• Best Virtuoso Newcomer: Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, New York, NY
• Sustainable Tourism Leadership: Cavallo Point, The Lodge at Golden Gate, Sausalito, CA
• Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador: Kees Hogetoorn, Grand Hotel Amsterdam, an Accor Hotel