What’s your image of a perfect summer? Share with us on Instagram #F1Ssummer. Each week we’ll post our favorites on Facebook. And reward the best of the bunch with an iWatch in August!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. The First in Service 2015 Instagram Summer Photo Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Owners, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and independent contractors of First in Service Travel Ltd. and any of its respective parents, affiliates, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and any of their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year, whether related or not) of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s (as defined below) decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by First in Service Travel Ltd., 130 West 42nd Street, Suite 401, New York, NY 10036 (“Sponsor”).
- Timing. The Contest entry period begins on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, entrants will need an active Instagram account (“Account”) to participate in the Contest. If an entrant does not already have an Account, entrant must visit www.Instagram.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free.
During the Contest Period, all entries must be uploaded through the Instagram application. No other method of entry will be accepted. Participants may upload as many entries as they would like. However, participants must use the same Account throughout the Contest Period to post multiple entries.
Entrants are encouraged to take an original photo (“Photo”) of an image that illustrates a perfect summer. Entrants must edit the Photo, including (i) using the hashtag #F1Ssummer, (ii) mentioning @F1STravel in the Instagram photo caption and uploading the Photo using the Instagram application.
The Photo may not contain any content that:
(A) is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; or profane; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
(B) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
(C) is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Submission;
(D) contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
(E) contains copyrighted materials owned by others or any trademarks, names or logos owned by others; or
(F) violates any law.
Each Photo submitted qualifies as one (1) entry. Entrants must fully comply with all Contest requirements to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void.
- How Winners Are Chosen. A panel of F1S judges will judge all eligible entries received. Eligible entries will be judged on the following basis: (i) 50% quality and (ii) 50% originality/creativity. On or about August 3, 2015, the entrant who submitted the entry with the highest score based on this criteria, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be the potential winner (“Winner”), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, an additional, tie-breaking judging will determine the Winner from among such tied entries based on creativity. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes; Odds. One (1) Prize Is Available To Be Awarded. The Winner will receive one (1) Apple Store Gift Card worth the retail value of $500.00 (“Prize”). The Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Prize is non-endorsable, non-refundable, non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification. THE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The Winner will be notified via the Instagram application, e-mail, mail and/or telephone (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) by the Sponsor on or about August 10, 2015. In the event that any Winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of date of issuance, a disqualification will result, Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. The Winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number (if applicable) and/or other identification to Sponsor and will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, Release of Publicity, within five (5) days of date of issuance. A disqualification will result, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries if all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of such documents as non-deliverable or potential Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, and independent contractors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of, relating to or in connection with a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the Prize, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of, relating to or in connection with an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, labor strikes, weather or acts of terrorism. Furthermore, Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, postage-due or garbled entries, Photos, e-mail or mail. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way will be disqualified.
- Publicity. The Winner, by acceptance of Prize, grants to Sponsor and each of its designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- General Conditions. The Contest is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in First in Service Travel Ltd. This Contest may not be used for any form of gambling. In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify Entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Released Parties will have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor. Sponsor will have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason, including should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Winner and award the Prize from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR AND THE OTHER CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
- Additional Terms. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of New York, state of New York without giving effect to choice of law or conflict of law principles (whether of the state of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING OR USING THE INSTAGRAM APPLICATION. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO ENTRANTS FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND THE PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain a list of winners/the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than September 1, 2015 to: F1S Summer Photo Contest, First in Service Travel Ltd., 130 West 42nd Street, Suite 401, New York, NY 10036